Re: New disk installed and mounted LVM not working

Les kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika lauantai 13 tammikuu 2007
19:00):
> I used parted and mke2fs to create my disk partitions and
> format them.
(...)
> Problem: LVM doesn't see the volume as initialized.

You set up a normal disk partition, not a LVM volume. If you
intended to add your new disk to LVM, you have done a lot of
useless work that you must undo before you can start using LVM.
Move your home directory back to / and remove the partition from
fstab.

> Either
> new instructions or a link to something that explains it in
> detail.

The LVM howto has instructions for adding a new drive to an
existing LVM system:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/recipeadddisk.html

--
 Markku Kolkka