Re: cifs password length?

Not an answer but - one time I tried mounting my home dir via
netatalk, and (much to my surprise) the password entry box on the mac
(OS7 - don't ask!) would only let me input 8 chars for the password!
Not good, since my passwd is much longer - I had to change it
temporarily.

I've never set up a samba share to be accessed by root before - always
seemed like a Bad Idea.

Chris