Re: Sendmail Vacation and forward files

On Saturday 13 January 2007 18:34, Johan Boshoff wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am trying to set up a vacation notice for some users on my Fedora 4
> system using sendmail.  I have never done this yet and I am not getting it
> right.  Can anyone please point me in a direction?  Any documetns etc will
> be welcome.
>
> I was wondering how to automatically create a .forward file and a .vacation
> file.

Hi, Johan.  I set a vacation reply in procmail based on an example I found on
the Internet somewhere.  This is what it said:

# :0 h c
# * !^FROM_DAEMON
# * !^X-Loop: me mydomain org
# | (formail -r -I"Precedence: junk" \
#     -A"X-Loop: me mydomain org" ; \
#    echo "This is the autoresponder at myCompanyName \
#    Your message will be received on the 3rd May, on our return from holiday
\
#    Thank you for your patience.") | $SENDMAIL -t

HTH

Anne