Re: Fedora 6 is not able to install in PIII, 256MB SD RAM, 1.3GHz

Aaron Konstam wrote:

I have installed FC6 + Eclipse on a 5GB partition on an old Dell
Inspiron 4100 laptop: 256MB of RAM, Pentium III, etc.

One can't argue with success but 5GB seems to small for an FC6
installation in general. In my mind 256MB ram is also marginal.

A matter of necessity, not preference.
The Inspiron only has an 18GB hard drive and I needed to quickly
put on Fedora to have some linux tools on my laptop. 5GB was all
the free space I could squeeze out.
And I'm saving up for a new laptop, so I can't see spending the
money for either a larger hard drive or more RAM. But it seems to
work fine for doing some C/C++ builds in Eclipse.

Richard.