Re: RealPlayer 10 in FC6: Sound, But No Picture

Mark Knoop wrote:
On 13/01/07, Temlakos <temlakos gmail com> wrote:
What apps or other packages should I think of installing, to try to
resolve this last multimedia issue?

Just symlink /usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so into
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/ or ~/.mozilla/plugins/ and they should play
in firefox.

That symlink is already in place, and it's not broken, either. And yet those videos still won't play in Firefox. I end up starting Realplay as a standalone app.

Which brings me to another issue: why can't I add a new file extension in order to tell Firefox to use a different plugin?

And why does Firefox use a "Windows Media Player Plug-in"? Or is that something I got with the w32codecs package?

Temlakos