Re: how to extract an MPG segment from a DVD?

On 1/13/07, Ambrogio <fn050202 flashnet it> wrote:
Il giorno sab, 13/01/2007 alle 18.17 -0500, Robert P. J. Day ha scritto:
>   what is the most convenient video player with which to extract a
> segment from a DVD as an MPG file?  thanks.
>
> rday

what is a segment?
If a segment is like a title or chapter maybe vobcopy or vlc is the best
choise

If you want to be more precise and specify start end end in seconds, you
can use mplayer or mencoder

Bye
 Ambrogio

I use avidemux, available from livna, and gopchop, which I had to
compile from source.  Both give you a gui in which you can edit out
unwanted portions of videos.

Daniel