Re: I think I broke yum

Michael Yep wrote:
After starting yum it was doing a 300+ pkg update, and it never
finished.  Now I cannot run yum, and rpm seems to be broke too.
In addition I cannot issue a Ctrl-C command, I must hit Ctrl-Z and do a
kill -9 on the yum process.  How do I find out what yum is doing and how
to get it back to normal?

This is what yum says now:

[1]+  Stopped                 ./u
[root localhost ]# ps aux |grep yum
How about grep rpm ?

If rpmq is there and you it could takes more than 5 minutes to resolve dependencies {especially if cpu is slow, or ram less than 384M}, then you might need to nuke rpmq.

Can you update a single package eg yum update yum ?
You can add debug logging to yum with
# yum -d15 update yum

DaveT.