Re: I think I broke yum

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 15:20 -0600, Michael Yep wrote:
> After starting yum it was doing a 300+ pkg update, and it never
> finished.  Now I cannot run yum, and rpm seems to be broke too.
> In addition I cannot issue a Ctrl-C command, I must hit Ctrl-Z and do a
> kill -9 on the yum process.  How do I find out what yum is doing and how
> to get it back to normal?
>
> This is what yum says now:

> [1]+  Stopped                 ./u
> [root localhost ]# ps aux |grep yum

Try:

	su -
	rm -f /var/lib/rpm/__db*  (that's two underscores)
	rpm --rebuilddb

Wait for the rpm command to complete, they try your yum command again.

- Rick Stevens, Senior Systems Engineer     rstevens vitalstream com -
-   UNIX is actually quite user friendly.  The problem is that it's  -
-              just very picky of who its friends are!               -