FC6 Ipod Nano Shuffle

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Mon Jan 15 21:04:06 UTC 2007

2007/1/15, Todd Zullinger <tmz at pobox.com>:
> antonio montagnani wrote:
> > It works, I had to define the correct mount point: so urgent work
> > has been completed!!! :-))
>
> Excellent!  I'm glad you didn't get caught by the bug Chris mentioned.
>
> > According to your experience, managing Ipod by Gtkpod is failsafe??
>
> I use it every day on my iPod and I haven't had any trouble.  I
> wouldn't dare to call it failsafe though, as you may manage to find a
> bug I haven't found. :)
>
> I do know that Gtkpod's author Jorg Schuler is a good guy and he's
> added things pretty quickly when they're reported.  An example, when I
> got my newer iPod I tried adding tracks with lyrics and they didn't
> show up with the lyrics on the ipod.  I used iTunes to add the same
> track, which worked.  Then I mailed the gtkpod-devel list the iTunesDB
> created by gtkpod and the one create by iTunes (because I could tell
> they were different but didn't know how to determine precisely how
> they differed).  Jorg had patched gtkpod to fully support lyrics on
> the ipod by the next morning when I woke up!
>
> So, if you run into any problems that google can't help you solve,
> check out the gtkpod-questions mailing list on SourceForge[1].
>
> [1] http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_id=67873
>
> --
> Todd        OpenPGP -> KeyID: 0xBEAF0CE3 | URL: www.pobox.com/~tmz/pgp

Todd

tnx for help: just before getting your answer, my son stole my Linux
box from me and he used to tranfer from/to his new Shuffle a bunch of
songs. I understand from him that everything is o.k., that means that
also my Linux personal box will be shared by him!! So after Blender,
Gtkpod will make my son a Linux power user!!!!! :-)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag