Re: vmware workstation is beating up my disk!

On Mon, 15 Jan 2007, Lonni J Friedman wrote:

On 1/15/07, Matthew Saltzman <mjs ces clemson edu> wrote:

Typing CTRL-ALT-DEL in Windows brings up a process manager window.  You
can browse that and see if you can detect the culprit process.

I tried this, but windows only shows CPU process usage, not disk, and
there are no offenders anyway.  Any other ideas?

Did you sort by CPU usage? I'd guess that you'd see the culprit pop up on the sorted list every so often when it accesses the disk.

Beyond that, no more ideas. Sorry. I run WinXP in VMWare Player every so often, but I haven't seen the behavior you describe.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu