newbie to fedora and suffering keyboard problems

alan alan at clueserver.org
Tue Jan 16 17:08:46 UTC 2007

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007, Alan wrote:

>> Initially I thought its a faulty keyboard, but have now tried 3 different ones.
>> So I thought it could be a broken keyboard connecter on the main board *but*
>> Ubuntu and Knoppix seems to perform faultlessly, which now directs my attention
>> towards Fedora. I'm no good at tracking down this kind of problem, all the more
>> so since I can't use the keyboard. I would really welcome and appreciate advice
>> on this matter.
>
> Is this a USB or PS/2 keyboard ?

I encountered this problem with a USB keyboard with either FC4 or FC5.
(Which was weird because it worked for the bios screen, but nothing else.)
A PS/2 keyboard worked fine.  I did not have the problem with FC6. And I
only had the problem with the install, not after.

--
"Invoking the supernatural can explain anything, and hence explains nothing."
                   - University of Utah bioengineering professor Gregory Clark