(no subject)

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 07:54:25 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-16 at 16:37 +0200, Amy-Leigh Armstrong wrote:
> Hi there
>
> My name is Amy-Leigh im newbie i need some help with a problem/error
> I've run into.  I keep getting a configuration error with trying to
> change or edit my named files and i have checked my config files over
> and over again but it keeps coming up with the same error.  it looks
> like a syntax error??  im running fedora core 5.
>
> Can anyone help me please

If you're brand new, you might want to start here:

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/025nov06/features/dns/?sc_cid=bcm_edmsept_007

...which will guide you step by step through setting up a local
nameserver to speed up stuff like firefox. My suggestion is to master
this first, it's fairly easy if you follow each step, one by one. I did
that and it works. Then once you're happy as a clam with setting
something up successfully, (warm fuzzy feelings are great!) there is the
next step in setting up a name server there as well. The second builds
on the first, so just take your time, do as it says, and you'll be in
good shape afterwards rewarded with something that works. Piece O' Cake.

Enjoy and Welcome. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net