Confusion over LVM

Andrew Wood andrew at gn.apc.org
Wed Jan 17 12:39:39 UTC 2007

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone who contributed suggestions, etc to my previous
query - see below.

However I seem to have a more fundamental problem in the CLI -
bash - which reports that lvm commands commands aren't recognised. Any
idea what on earth that could be? Sorry to appear so dumb!

For example:
[root at localhost andrew]# pvcreate /dev/hdd
bash: pvcreate: command not found

It's odd as command 'ls' is working fine, and when I run 'yum install
lvm2' then that reports 'nothing to do'.

Andrew Wood, Oxford.