Re: Kopete & video

On 17/01/07, Scott van Looy <scott ethosuk org uk> wrote:
Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:
> I'm also a bit shocked. I jump around from distro to distro, and I
> haven't had a problem with Kopete in a long time. My webcam is a
> Logitech Quikcam. On my current distro, Kubuntu, I just plugged it in
> and it works. I've got Kopete 0.12.3 on KDE 3.5.5. I'm actually
> considering whether this month It'll be FC6 or (don't hate me) the
> latest SUSE, which I haven't tried in a while. If webcam support under
> Fedora is that bad, then that'll be a big problem for me. My first
> daughter was born two weeks ago, and the grandparents don't live in
> Israel. So there's been quite a bit of webcamming going on in our
> household as of late.

Stop with the FUD. Get the correct kernel module for your cam (most are
available from ATrpms and other places if they're not included already)
and then load kopete. Worked first time with my ancient Intel Create and
Share camera...

What FUD? I said it worked for me out of the box on Kubuntu. I haven't
even tried it yet on Fedora. Better yet, your FUD-crying makes real
FUD go unchallenged. As soon as I _do_ have problems (if I do) then
I'll take care of them. Until I do, I'll be happy.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/12/aaliyah.html
http://technology-sleuth.com/long_answer/what_is_a_cellphone.html