Re: HELP! Adobe Reader error in FC6

On 1/18/07, Remi Collet <Fedora famillecollet com> wrote:
> Help!
>
> I can't use Adobe Reader in Federa Core 6。
>
> expr: syntax error
>
> That is what I get in the console

A well known issue

Read (in french)
http://remi.collet.free.fr/index.php?2007/01/10/273-acrobat-reader-709-et-fedora-core-6

I have a little patch for this

As root :
cd /tmp
wget http://remi.collet.free.fr/files/acroread.patch
cd /usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/bin
patch -b </tmp/acroread.patch

Remi.

P.S. don't find a way to send this to Adobe.
OpenSource is really a better way...

I do not know whether it is caused by your patch, but when I go to

Help --> About Adobe Reader 7.0...

I get the indication that the running version is the 7.0.8. However,
the version that I have installed is the 7.0.9.

Paul