Kopete & video

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Thu Jan 18 12:16:34 UTC 2007

Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:

> On 17/01/07, Scott van Looy <scott at ethosuk.org.uk> wrote:
>> Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:
>> > I'm also a bit shocked. I jump around from distro to distro, and I
>> > haven't had a problem with Kopete in a long time. My webcam is a
>> > Logitech Quikcam. On my current distro, Kubuntu, I just plugged it in
>> > and it works. I've got Kopete 0.12.3 on KDE 3.5.5. I'm actually
>> > considering whether this month It'll be FC6 or (don't hate me) the
>> > latest SUSE, which I haven't tried in a while. If webcam support under
>> > Fedora is that bad, then that'll be a big problem for me. My first
>> > daughter was born two weeks ago, and the grandparents don't live in
>> > Israel. So there's been quite a bit of webcamming going on in our
>> > household as of late.
>>
>> Stop with the FUD. Get the correct kernel module for your cam (most are
>> available from ATrpms and other places if they're not included already)
>> and then load kopete. Worked first time with my ancient Intel Create and
>> Share camera...
>>

> What FUD? I said it worked for me out of the box on Kubuntu. I haven't
> even tried it yet on Fedora. Better yet, your FUD-crying makes real
> FUD go unchallenged. As soon as I _do_ have problems (if I do) then
> I'll take care of them. Until I do, I'll be happy.

"I'm also a bit shocked." and "If webcam support under Fedora is that bad"
- fud. You've not tried it, you're spreading fear, uncertainty and
doubt...

If you have a problem with it, then comment on it?

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003