Kopete & video

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Jan 18 12:36:35 UTC 2007

On Thursday 18 January 2007 12:16, Scott van Looy wrote:
> Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:
> > On 17/01/07, Scott van Looy <scott at ethosuk.org.uk> wrote:
> >> Today Dotan Cohen did spake thusly:
> >>
> >> Stop with the FUD. Get the correct kernel module for your cam (most are
> >> available from ATrpms and other places if they're not included already)
> >> and then load kopete. Worked first time with my ancient Intel Create and
> >> Share camera...
> >
> > What FUD? I said it worked for me out of the box on Kubuntu. I haven't
> > even tried it yet on Fedora. Better yet, your FUD-crying makes real
> > FUD go unchallenged. As soon as I _do_ have problems (if I do) then
> > I'll take care of them. Until I do, I'll be happy.
>
> "I'm also a bit shocked." and "If webcam support under Fedora is that bad"
> - fud. You've not tried it, you're spreading fear, uncertainty and
> doubt...
>
> If you have a problem with it, then comment on it?

Fear there may be.  Uncertainty and doubt - no.  You will see that both Keith
and I are having great problems.  They exist.  If someone comments that
another distro can handle something but FC can't, that's legitimate comment.
As it is, Dotan has said that he can use it in kubuntu, and will try it on
fedora.

If you have nothing helpful to add, perhaps you should question why you are
replying.

Anne