Disable in X the restart/shutdown by user. How?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 18 13:07:39 UTC 2007

Anne Wilson wrote:

> Rob, if you use gnome I can't help, but in kde you can control these things
> easily from kcontrol, by a combination of settings in session manager and

Nope, I use XFCE.
I already contacted the XFCE mailing list, but there it was first suggested
to modify sudo configuration, but that did not help. Then the last resort
was to have a look at the HAL configuration, but that turns out to be a
great misterious beast. So XFCE guys also don't really have a clue.

And here on the Fedora list there's also not really a definite answer.

This turns out to be a very unconfigurable feature of Fedora.....

I hope someone can tell me how to get this done.

Rob.