FTP server recomendations?

Greg Swift gsml at netops.gvtc.com
Thu Jan 18 20:17:51 UTC 2007

John Bowden wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 17:56 -0600, Thomas Cameron wrote:

>>> Er. I.m thinking of using Mandriva Linux (ducks & weaves), as I been
>>> using it for a lot longer and know it a bit better.
>>>
>> Perhaps you should ask on that list, then?  I don't know about others on
>> this list, but I am certainly not a subject matter expert on Mandriva.
>>
>> Or just use vsftpd on Mandriva.  It should work on any distro.
>>
>> Thomas
>>

> I was asking for ftp server software recommendations to see what people
> were using. It is available in the MDK repositories so I will probably
> go with it

i realize i'm a few days late coming in on this one, but I'd personally
recommend pure-ftpd. Its very flexible, provides better virtual user
support than vsftpd, and has a very clean security track record.
Although I havent used it for anonymous ftp, I have been utilizing it as
my primary ftp server for almost 7 yrs now. Going through the
configuration file, it seems to offer many options towards anonymous ftp...

-greg

--
http://www.gvtc.com
--

“only he who attempts the absurd can achieve the impossible.” -anonymous