FC6: Network transparency/Application awareness mismatches

Ken Tanzer ktanzer at desc.org
Thu Jan 18 20:20:41 UTC 2007

> But I'd guess that konq assumes that the target application is also KDE
> based and as such, capable of handling kioslave-like URLs (E.g. fish://)
Well I'm with you on that.  Clearly KDE thinks some applications can
handle sftp/fish, and some can't.  Depending on how it is called,
openoffice is getting passed different file URLs:

Open with "Word Processor"--> gets sftp_url
Open with "/usr/bin/oowriter"--> gets url_in_temp_directory

So the question is "how does konqueror make these distinctions, and
where is it configured?"

Ken