Re: FC6: Network transparency/Application awareness mismatches

But I'd guess that konq assumes that the target application is also KDE
based and as such, capable of handling kioslave-like URLs (E.g. fish://)
Well I'm with you on that. Clearly KDE thinks some applications can handle sftp/fish, and some can't. Depending on how it is called, openoffice is getting passed different file URLs:

Open with "Word Processor"--> gets sftp_url
Open with "/usr/bin/oowriter"--> gets url_in_temp_directory

So the question is "how does konqueror make these distinctions, and where is it configured?"

Ken
begin:vcard
fn:Kenneth Tanzer
n:Tanzer;Kenneth
org:Downtown Emergency Service Center;Information Services
adr:;;515 Third Avenue;Seattle;WA;98104;USA
email;internet:ktanzer desc org
title:Director of Information Services
tel;work:(206) 464-1570 x 3061
tel;fax:(206) 624-4196