vmware

roland roland at cat.be
Fri Jan 19 14:59:01 UTC 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 15:35:23 +0100, thierry itty
<thierry.itty at besancon.org> wrote:

> roland a écrit :
>
>> Hello,
>> I need some advice.
>> I have a client, car spare parts, who has a lot of Microsoft-programs
>> to  install, pricelists and tech-info.
>> So I was thinking:
>> 1.install Fedora as terminal server for internet,mail and office.
>> 2.install vmware above
>> 3.install Microsoft terminal server, as a virtual server of vmware,
>> for  the typical MsWin applications
>>
>> Is this a good idea, or is there a better way?
>>
> what about giving a chance to wine, the windows emulator ?
> Thierry...

I tried this, but it is to complicated and unreliable. I think wine is
nice wenn you want a ms explorer, office and some standard ms tools
I think crossover is better.
But then we tried win4lin. This is a nice product, but apparently not
stable.
I think the only stable product is vmware, if one installes it the right
way.
Nice thing also is that one can install an operating system and next to it
another version. After testing the new version, you just copy the whole
data from old to new and continue. You even can do this from distance.
Looks nice to me.

So?

--
Roland Brouwers