-----Original Message-----

From:  "Dotan Cohen" <dotancohen gmail com>
Subj:  i386 or x64?
Date:  Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:02 am
Size:  656 bytes
To:  "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list redhat com>

I've got my new Dell laptop with Intel(r) CoreTM 2 Duo T7200 (2.00GHz,
4MB L2 Cache, 667MHz FSB) processor. Can I install Fedora i386 on it,
or should I go with x64? I've heard that x64 has many, many problems
with 32 bit apps, such as firefox. I use Swiftfox (an optimized
firefox build) quite often. Other apps that I use often are the whole
KDE suite, OpenOffice, Opera, mPlayer, F-Spot, and Skype.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Dotan Cohen

I ju installed fc6 64 on an amd sempron.  The first thing i've noticed is getting flash installed requires (i believe) installing the 32 bit version of firefox.  I've had no luck yet.  Open office seems fine though.

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/spyware.html
http://gmail-com.com/howto/filters.php