Installing application in FC6 without internet connection.

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 19 21:44:35 UTC 2007

Vasco Clemente:
>> So, the question is, how can I update my system or install new
>> applications without an internet connection??

Kam Leo:
> Put the update RPMs on a flash memory stick or burn to CD/DVD.

That presuposes that you know which files need updating, or that you
don't mind downloading every new file that appears on a repo.

If you're allowed to do personal mail at work, I'd suggest joining the
fedora-packages-announce list, so you get mail about what's being
updated and why (most give at least some summary).  Then you can tell if
you want to bother getting some of the updates - If you're not on the
net, a lot of the security issues won't be a concern for you, you'd
probably be most interested in bug fixes for any problems that you'd
encountered for yourself (rather than some package author has updated
some typos in the documentation, etc.).

I read messages from the public lists.