problems with fedora core 6 in compaq V3133AU laptop

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Fri Jan 19 22:02:12 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-19 at 21:52 +0530, Manu G.V wrote:
> 1. AUDIO:- When i connect laptop to external speakers/headphones they
> don't work, internal speakers continue to work(doesn't get muted).

I don't have an answer, but some suggestions for you to try:  Open the
volume controls, then look through the preferences.  Depending on your
sound card you may have options you need to play with (separate
headphone volume control, some unexplained headphone sense switch - well
I can't find anything that documents it, external amplifier switch,
etc.).

The sound control documentation really sucks!  e.g. phin - Select this
option to display the fader that controls the volume of the phin device.
Well, duh!  I can guess that a fader called "phin" controls the volume
for it, but what the hell is a phin?  There's various examples of that
sort of thing, amongst other options that are completely undocumented.

I read messages from the public lists.