CPU frequency scaling applet setting persistence?

Michael Wiktowy michael.wiktowy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 01:17:56 UTC 2007

Hello list,

I recently updated my old laptop (850 MHz Dell) to FC6 from FC5. It
seems that FC6 is a bit more demanding of it such that while before it
could scale back to 700 MHz and things would work fine, now I need to
pin it at 850 MHz. The CPU Frequency Applet will allow you to do that
by setting the Governor to "Performance" or just setting the Frequency
to 850 MHz but this setting isn't kept between reboots. Is there a way
to save this setting so I don't have to keep resetting it each time?
Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,

/Mike