FC 5 named service seems to "go away"

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 03:35:55 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-01-18 at 10:08 -0600, rlengland at verizon.net wrote:

> Well, that makes sense, though I don't understand why the FC6 machines
> are both looking at the DSL address (192.168.1.1).  But then I don't
> know much about NetworkManager, yet, at all.
>
> At least that seems to eliminate the ip address issue from being part
> of the named unresponsiveness.

I have a router connected to my DSL modem. I have three machines
connected to the router. The router gives the three machines the same IP
address, every time. It's now set that way. I killed off network manager
and it's craziness and just set up my addresses statically. No dhcp
nothin'. Just edit hosts or use the netconfig thingie and away you go.
No more problems. Oh yeah, set up your nameserver addresses
in /etc/resolv.conf or use netconfig thingie again.

You can now safely have a localhost without network manager doing beans
to ya'. Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net