vmware

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sat Jan 20 04:17:48 UTC 2007

roland wrote:
> Hello,
> I need some advice.
> I have a client, car spare parts, who has a lot of Microsoft-programs
> to install, pricelists and tech-info.
> So I was thinking:
> 1.install Fedora as terminal server for internet,mail and office.
> 2.install vmware above
> 3.install Microsoft terminal server, as a virtual server of vmware,
> for the typical MsWin applications
>
> Is this a good idea, or is there a better way?

If you are looking for stability in the host OS, fedora probably isn't
the best choice.
First you'll have to track down a patch to even make vmware work, then
you'll
have to reinstall the whole system when the fast fedora version cycle stops
providing updates.   I'd recommend RHEL or Centos, although they should be
getting close to time for a new release too.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com