[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: How NSA access was built into Windows



-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Les Mikesell wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>> And you want to worry about SElinux. A utility that helps to protect
>> you from Trojan attacks and unauthorized disk access?
> Do you have pointers to some success stories where that protection, as
> implemented
> in fedora, has worked?


Protection? Do you mean does SElinux actually stop unauthorized disk and file
access? Sure it does. At time too well. It stops things that some people want.

Are there really any Linux virus programs or Trojans? I have read of some but
never seen one. Yet. Will there be some someday. Sure. Current estimates are
that 90% of the computers today run some form of Windows. The other 10% is
from Mac to Linux. So if I was going to write malware would I write so that it
might attack the users for FC that have SElinux disabled or aim for the BIG guys.

You are making a mountain out of a mole hill here. If, I said if, the NSA was
really  interested in what you are doing on your computer they would go to
your ISP and ask for your records. Your ISP keeps copies of every email that
you have ever sent. And copies of every email, this one included, that you
have ever received. They also keep records of every site that you have
visited. What day and time and how long you stayed. What files you have
downloaded. Maybe a pirated game? Maybe pirated music files. Maybe a little
p0rn? Many things. And if the NSA really did want to see what is on your HD
they would walk in and take it with them when they left.
- --

  David
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (MingW32)

iD8DBQFFsqQeAO0wNI1X4QERAp7mAKDQrfoj5IiaNVR45xxKNYuFYrhXNQCgoRID
M/Lq9+ONwy1X+C1VthjKAcE=
=qFdx
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----


[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]