freenode

I came across a link that in early january freenode had an attack. In any event, my IRC has been buggered from approximately that time, give or take a week. It used to automagically connect to freenode.

My landlord is the network admin, I don't have access to my router.

I was able to connect with at least one server using xchat (I've only ever used xchat).

Are there specific IRC ports which I need open? If so, which ones and how do I test their status? I went to wikipedia and the xchat FAQ, but so far haven't figured this out.

any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

Thufir