Ports to open for BitTorrent, Azureus, etc.

Everyone:

I might as well ask this now, rather than when next I'm trying to download an iso with BitTorrent:

Which ports should I open to allow BitTorrent?

How should I do this? Shall I edit the iptables file directly (using su or after logging in as root), or could I possibly add these ports using system-config-security?

Temlakos