Enabling wireless on Dell laptop

I've got a new Dell 6400/E1505 with the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945
802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) wireless card. I downloaded the drivers
from Intel's site, but I have no idea how to install them. I unpacked
the tar, and in it are 3 more tars. I've read all the README's and
INSTALLs and there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information.
Furthermore, the INSTALL files tell you to install certain files, but
not where or even how. Please, has anybody and experience with this?
Thanks in advance.

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/qwerty.html
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/485/tyler_bonnie.html