Re: Enabling wireless on Dell laptop

On 22/01/07, Dotan Cohen <dotancohen gmail com> wrote:
I've got a new Dell 6400/E1505 with the Intel PRO/Wireless 3945
802.11a/g Mini Card (54Mbps) wireless card. I downloaded the drivers
from Intel's site, but I have no idea how to install them. I unpacked
the tar, and in it are 3 more tars. I've read all the README's and
INSTALLs and there seems to be quite a bit of conflicting information.
Furthermore, the INSTALL files tell you to install certain files, but
not where or even how. Please, has anybody and experience with this?
Thanks in advance.

Freshrpms have rpms for this driver
http://zod.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=903 which is probably the easiest
way to install. It seems that livna are also working on packaging it.

You could also get the 1.2.0 version from
http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/ which appears to have a simpler build
process.

--
Mark Knoop