Re: Enabling wireless on Dell laptop

Dotan Cohen wrote:
From the livna buzilla I found an rpm:
http://home.exetel.com.au/ttsui/ipw3945/ipw3945-1.2.0-1.src.rpm

When I tried to run it, I got this output:
[root localhost Desktop]# rpm -i ipw3945-1.2.0-1.src.rpm
warning: user tony does not exist - using root
warning: group prog does not exist - using root
warning: user tony does not exist - using root
warning: group prog does not exist - using root
[root localhost Desktop]#

That's rather unusual. Is it a bug or could it be malicious?

Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com/what_is/zonealarm.html
http://dotancohen.com/terriblereferrer/index.php

Dotan,

I think this is normal when the UIDs used in the RPM do not exist on the target. I've seen it before in other RPMs and have not seen a problem.

Bob...