Enabling wireless on Dell laptop

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Mon Jan 22 12:25:30 UTC 2007

On Mon, Jan 22, 2007 at 02:17:55PM +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 22/01/07, Mark Knoop <mpknoop at gmail.com> wrote:
> >Freshrpms have rpms for this driver
> >http://zod.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=903 which is probably the easiest
> >way to install. It seems that livna are also working on packaging it.
> >
> >You could also get the 1.2.0 version from
> >http://ipw3945.sourceforge.net/ which appears to have a simpler build
> >process.
> >
> >--
> >Mark Knoop
> >

> Thanks, I see it now in Livna's wishlist. The FreshRPMs solution is
> merely a link to the sourceforge solution. The situation looks bad-
> I'd have to install a mirad of other things to get it working. I'll
> email the good folks at livnaand ask if they need a beta tester.

Um, no need to do that. Just do:

set up the freshrpms repo if you haven't already:

# rpm -ivh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/6/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1.1-1.fc.noarch.rpm

then install the driver, firmware and controlling daemon:

# yum -y --enablerepo freshrpms install dkms-ipw3945 ipw3945d ipw3945-firmware

--
Little fly, thy summer's play my thoughtless hand
has terminated with extreme prejudice.