iscsi initiator and mounting lvm on startup

Sander Hoentjen sander at hoentjen.eu
Mon Jan 22 14:16:24 UTC 2007

Hi,

I am having some trouble with iSCSI. I have a server that I would like
to have the volumes on a iscsi target mounted at startup. I have in
fstab stuff like:

/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-name            /home/name             ext3    _netdev 0 0

But after boot /home/name is empty.
If I the issue the command:
# service netfs start
No devices found
Setting up Logical Volume Management:   72 logical volume(s) in volume group "VolGroup00" now active
                                                           [  OK  ]
Checking network-attached filesystems
                                                           [  OK  ]
Mounting other filesystems:                                [  OK  ]

now /home/name does have the files i want (now it is mounted, mtab tells me the same)

# chkconfig --list netfs
netfs           0:off   1:off   2:off   3:on    4:on    5:on    6:off

So I would think netfs would start, and mount stuff.
Does anyone have any hints/explenations for me?

Sander