Fedora 7: The Linux Knight in Shining Armor?

William Case billlinux at rogers.com
Mon Jan 22 22:21:41 UTC 2007

Hi Les;

> William Case wrote:

> > On the other hand  -- there are people like me who like to play around
> > with Fedora; adding new programs that hardly get used; trying out
> > different configurations; experimenting and learning.  Doing a new
> > version install lets me get rid of all the cruff and start over every so often.
> >

> So what happens after you've learned something and are ready to do
> some real work with your system - and then next time that cruft is
> something worth saving?

Why then, I add the additional programs I want to the fresh install and
backup the configuration files I want to keep.  It is still easier than
trying to undo all the havoc I might have created over the last six
months.

For example; I had thought for most of my life that the word was spelt
and pronounced cruff.  With this exchange I have learnt it is properly
"cruft".  I will remove cruff from my memory and use cruft for several
occasions to get it firmly installed in my mind and never have to worry
about cruff showing up again.

Fedora gives you a choice of a full update or a fresh install.  Let's
keep both.

--
Regards Bill