Re: Disabling touchpad on laptop

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:

I added the lines, and restarted X, but no immprovement. So I
restarted the system and still no improvement. This is my xorg.conf:

[...]

Section "InputDevice"
      Identifier  "Synaptics"
      Driver      "synaptics"
      Option      "UseShm" "true"
                     ^^^^^^
ksynaptics error message notwithstanding, I think this should be "SHMConfig". All the synaptics documentation supports this conjecture, and gsynaptics works with it.

      Option      "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
      Option      "Protocol" "auto-dev"
      Option      "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection