Re: vmware

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007, Kam Leo wrote:

> The situation is as follows:
>
> 1)  I have VMware Workstation 5.5.3 installed on a Windows 2000 host.
> 2)  FC6 is a guest VM.
> 3)  I'm trying to configure VMware Tools on the guest VM (FC6) for the
> 2.6.19 kernel.
> 4)  vmware-config.pl is a script which is included with VMware Tools,
> a utility provided with VMware Workstation.  VMware Tools is packaged
> both in rpm and tar formats.

it's called 'vmware-config-tools.pl' actually

Thanks. You're correct. I may be getting into a bad habit of relying
on bash's tab-completion feature and in the process overlooking the
entire command.

In fact, you shouldn't have vmware-config.pl anywhere on a guest unless you are planning to run a nested guest (which may not even be possible).

If you installed the VMwareWorkstation RPM in your guest, you should remove it.

--
		Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu