Re: Kernel upgrade broke grub

Dan Hensley wrote:
I finally got around to rebooting my machine after the last kernel upgrade, and now I'm greeted with the following screen:

Boot from CD/DVD :
GRUB

Then the machine just sits there.

What's the best way to fix this so it will boot?
1. grub boot floppy or usb drive.
2. fedora install cd1/dvd/rescue disc and linux rescue.
3. network boot a fc image with linux rescue.

From memory some people saw an issue where the grub.conf wasn't updated. Others with an initrd that wasn't generated. Rawhide users saw a different thing due to new naming of the /dev/hdX and /dev/sdY's.

If you say which fedora release, kernel version, and which option is possible, I am sure there will be help forthcoming,

DaveT.