Waterstamping PDF in fedora

Mark Knoop mpknoop at gmail.com
Tue Jan 23 13:36:54 UTC 2007

On 23/01/07, Tomas Larsson <tomas at tlec.se> wrote:
> Hi group
> I'm looking for some sort of app that automatically (from command
> line/script) can waterstamp a pdf-file, or merge a picture/text on each
> page.
> It seems that pdf toolkit can't do it, if I understand things correctly.

Yes, pdftk can:

background <background PDF filename | - | PROMPT>
                 Applies a PDF watermark to the background  of  a
                 single  input  PDF.   Pass  the background PDF's
                 filename after background like so:

                 pdftk in.pdf background back.pdf output out.pdf

                 Pdftk uses only the first page  from  the  back-
                 ground  PDF  and applies it to every page of the
                 input PDF.  This page is scaled and  rotated  as
                 needed  to fit the input page.  You can use - to
                 pass a background PDF into pdftk via stdin.  For
                 backward  compatibility  with  pdftk  1.0, back-
                 ground can be used as an  output  option.   How-
                 ever,  this  old  technique  works  only when no
                 operation is given.

You could also use the latex pdfpages and graphicx packages
(\includepdf, \includegraphics).

--
Mark Knoop