Re: OCD programmers and backwards compatibility :-).

Les Mikesell wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:

So who's following? Or does everyone have the "we don't follow standards, we make them" attitude? Does anyone have compatible names for the same devices?

http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/Products for a certified list. AFAIK device names are not part of LSB. You would have to sign up to the open list there and make a argument telling folks why you bother about device names at all.

My question was in the context of those non-linux systems that you brought up in
your previous response.

Then you didnt read my response completely. I said they are open to implement LSB and there is nothing Linux specific. Not that they already do that.

Rahul