Kopete & video

Scott van Looy scott at ethosuk.org.uk
Tue Jan 23 16:38:33 UTC 2007

Today Gilboa Davara did spake thusly:

> I'm guessing here, but it seems to me that both kopete and aMsn throttle
> down the FPS if the upstream bandwidth is too low.

They send just as fast as they can...you get jerkiness because the
software shows you what the other person is seeing when you're connected
instead of just your video at full frame rate when you're disconnected,
same as MSN/Yahoo Messenger, etc do.

--
Scott van Looy - email:me at ethosuk.org.uk | web:www.ethosuk.org.uk
site:www.freakcity.net - the in place for outcasts since 2003

Men use thought only to justify their wrong doings, and speech only to
conceal their thoughts.
 		-- Voltaire