Re: ssh tunneling and "channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed"

Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Thanks Mike - this is what I did already except replace "vnc" with
> "ssh" and "5900" with "22" in your description. It relies upon machine
> B allowing TCPforwarding, which seems not to be the case for my local
> setup. Thanks for the suggestion tho.

One thing worth thinking about is that you are using ssh from A into B, and then
going from B to C with ssh presumably all using port 22? That is fine. But
additionally you are poer forwarding some private port on machine A into port 22
on C, and in that case if you tunnel from A to C going to port 22 on C for the
tunnel, then would this not clash with the ssh connection from B to C which is
already using port 22?

Just a thought