help with kernel patch - speakup

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Jan 23 23:35:08 UTC 2007

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> Hello!
> Is there a person who is experienced with kernel patching?
>
> I would like you to try and patch in speakup in the fedora core 6
> kernel, and see if you sucsess because I haven't done it.
>
> it is at
> http://www.linux-speakup.org
>
> Also, why won't the kernel that ships with fedora core6 recompile? I
> only get errors.
>
> /Kristoffer

I went to the site and Janina pointed out this link in the archives. She
used to post here on occasion.

http://speech.braille.uwo.ca/pipermail/speakup/2007-January/041431.html

and the link to where you might get a kernel for FC6 compiled with speakup.
ftp://mirror.services.wisc.edu/mirrors/linux/distributions/speakup/disks/fedora/4/RPMS/

I hope this helps a bit.
Jim

--
The problem with any unwritten law is that you don't know where to go
to erase it.