Xine broken again

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 06:43:28 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-23 at 15:21 -0700, Phil Meyer wrote:
> Ric Moore wrote:
> > Xine just quit again with regards to sound. I had it working all nicely
> > then a yum update removed!! packages and re-installed it all nice and
> > broken again. My life seems to be draining through my fingers like sand,
> > while keeping this boat afloat.
> >

> This is easy to test.  When grub starts, select a previous kernel from
> the list and try xine when the system comes up.  If it works, then you
> know its a newer version of alsa that bit you.
>
> Good luck!

<blows finger tips> Luck had nothing to do with it, it was pure skills.

I merely rm -rf ~/.xine and tried it. It works.

<waves hands to cool off these hot hacker fingers>

Now I can listen to Lords of Acid (and Brenda) and think about my
younger days. Very wistfully I might add. Very wistfully. <sighs> Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net