ssh tunneling and "channel 2: open failed: administratively prohibited: open failed"

Mike Cohler mike.cohler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 08:36:10 UTC 2007

Dylan Semler <dylan.semler <at> gmail.com> writes:

doesn't make any sense to me, but with the hostnames in place, I was unable to
connect and getting "channel 2: open failed: connect failed: Connection
refused."  Hopefully you're having the same issue.

Yes the original command in the first posting on this thread would only work
provided machine B has access to a dns that can provide the ip for the machine
name specified in the original port forwarding definition defined in the first
ssh command.  If there is no dns to do this on machine B then the ip has to be
specified instead.