Getting Fox News to work with Firefox

Anne Wilson cannewilson at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jan 24 19:37:44 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 January 2007 17:28, Lyvim Xaphir wrote:

> > 'Insecure' is the word that gets attention :-)  A week or so later the
> > site was working correctly in FF and Konqueror.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Hah.  good work Anne. :)

Getting to talk to the right people can be difficult, but rewarding if you
manage it.  On this occasion there was a moment's stunned silence when I told
them about the insecurity, then he admitted that he didn't know that.

On another occasion I was having problems with one section of the on-line
banking.  I could arrange an inter-account transfer, but couldn't see the
amount on the page where I had to verify it.  I was using Mozilla Mail at the
time - about 3 years ago - and went to Mozillazine, where one of the
developers talked me through finding the bit of code that caused the problem.
It was making a M$-only call.  He told me exactly what I should say about
where the problem was and what the fix would be.  I emailed the bank's web
maintainer, and got no reply, but again, a few days later, the page was
working correctly.

I say all this just to tell people that it may be daunting, at times, trying
to get the 'big ones' to listen, but it's worth persevering.

Anne