Re: nvidia drivers worth installing?

On 1/24/07, Srikanth Konjarla <srikanth konjarla gmail com> wrote:

Sorry about that. I have attached the X log file to this e-mail. Please
note that currently Beryl is disabled. Let me know if you like to see X
log file with Beryl enabled.

Thanks

Srikanth

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
> On 1/24/07, Srikanth Konjarla <srikanth konjarla gmail com> wrote:
>> I have recently updated nVidia driver (livna rpm x86_64 Kernel Module
>> 1.0-9746 , Dual Core AMD X2) on FC6 hoping to see some improvement in
>> performance with Beryl. But, unfortunately i could not find any
>> improvements in that area. I have been running into the issue where Xorg
>> would go nuts with CPU when Beryl is running. So, i have disabled the
>> Beryl. Here is what lspci tells me about my graphics card.
>>
>> 00:05.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation C51 PCI Express
>> Bridge (rev a2) (prog-if 00 [VGA])
>>
>> Wondering if the issue is purely related to nVidia's driver (C51 PCI
>> Express Bridge) or it is the combination of Beryl and nVidia.
>
> Is Xorg hitting the CPU immediately, or over time?  Posting your X log
> would be useful.

Ideally, I'd like to see an X log while the problem is present.
However, are you seeing an actual performance problem, or is it just
that X is using 100% of the CPU while running beryl?  Also, which
version of beryl are you using?

L. Friedman                                    netllama gmail com
LlamaLand                       http://netllama.linux-sxs.org