Re: FC4 with AMD Dual Core 2210 Processor?

Around 12:26am on Thursday, January 25, 2007 (UK time), dbau 93sunwheels com scrawled:

> I guess the only reason is "tried and true". The SMTP gateway setup I'm
> usually using is extensively tested on FC4 and it's proven to be extremely
> reliable. I am just trying to avoid hours and hours of potential
> tinkering.
>
> But, if that's what it takes to get Fedora up and running on this new
> system , then I am more than willing to use FC6/7.

Although I use Fedora on my workstations, for a production server I
think you should seriously look at switching to a platform that won't
need upgrading so often.  Otherwise you will be endlessly upgrading or
else running an unsupported and possibly insecure server.

Personally I would use Centos, which is basically Red Hat.

Steve