passwords saved on firefox

Ric Moore wayward4now at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 05:43:14 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 21:05 -0800, toracat wrote:
> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 19:49:09 -0500, Ric Moore wrote:

> >> cd into ~/.mozilla/firefox.
> >>
> >> You'll see a directory something like abcdef1234.default.  cd into that
> >> directory.
> >>
> >> Saved passwords are in signon.txt, I think.
> >>
> >> In general, it's a good idea to have a backup of this directory.
> > Is there a way to edit it?? Looks like it's been somewhat encrypted. Ric
> >
> I think that the file containing password info is the one that ends with
> .s (like 123456.s).  You might also want to save key3.db as well.
At some point firefox saw me mistakenly enter wayward4now at gmailcom
without the dot. Now, that keeps coming up as a choice between my
various email account that start with wayward4now... <chuckles> I got a
bunch of 'em. Psssstt.. the gmail account is the real one, the rest are
throw downs. Don't tell anybody. :) Ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net